Can an Enrolled Agent Help Me?

Can an Enrolled Agent Help Me?2016-11-21T23:44:15+00:00

Tax problems?  Turn to an Enrolled Agent, the only authorized federal tax experts!

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers (individuals, businesses, corporations and estates) before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for audits, collections, and appeals.

EAs advise, represent and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. EAs prepare millions of tax returns each year. EAs’ expertise in the continually changing field of tax law enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.
What are the differences between EAs and other tax professionals?

Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the Internal Revenue Service their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all EAs specialize in taxation. EAs are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the United States government.(CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states.)

When to call in an Enrolled Agent:

  • Unresolved disputes with the IRS
  • Unfiled tax returns
  • Collection activity
  • Audits

Enrolled Agents: We have your back with the IRS

Find an EA Now
Find an EA Now
My Enrolled Agent helped me negotiate an incredibly reduced penalty with the IRS. I cannot thank him enough.
Eric Larson